Purling Brook Falls and Warringa Pool

Location: Springbrook National Park, South East QLD
Date: 19th April, 2015
Distance: 6 km
Time: 3 hours

Cascades at Warringa Pool

With the new suspension bridge open for business on the Purling Brook Falls circuit, it was time to get back to Springbrook and check out a walk I hadn't done since I was a young'un.

This was also a chance for me to test out some of the funkier functions of my camera, having just promoted myself from automatic to manual mode. Armed with a little tripod and picking off an early start was a great way to revisit one of the walks my parents used to take me on many years ago.

Awesome views of Purling Brook Falls just a few minutes from the start

Example of eucalypt forest on the plateau

Looking across the forested ridges of Springbrook


The 'long and steep' walk down into the gorge no longer seemed like such a mammoth task, what with my now manly-overgrown legs.

Rock on, Purling Brook Falls

I passed a few people on the way to Warringa Pool - despite the early start - as well as some interesting fungi displays...

Magical mushroom kingdom

Mixed bag

But by the time I got to the pool, everyone else seemed to have cleared off so I had the place to myself. It was a great little relaxing spot, with plenty of pretty cascades around to photograph.






Heading back to the falls, it was kind of sad to see the track behind the waterfall closed forever - getting drenched by Purling Brook Falls as we walked behind it was my fondest memory of this walk. But now we have some hot shot new suspension bridge...



The rocky area surrounding the top of the falls is also now closed, presumably because too many fools couldn't help themselves and wandered too close to the edge of the cliffs. I imagine it would be difficult to manage a walk as popular as this with unfenced areas like that.

Looking down from above... 106 m to fall


No comments:

Post a Comment