Girraween Circuit Day 3

Sunrise over Underground Creek

Last night was cold. Somehow under all those layers - I was essentially wearing every item of clothing I brought - and even after nabbing dad's blissfully warm sleeping bag liner, I was still cold. Crawling out of the tent I found everything left outside was now covered in a layer of frost. And yet it still felt warmer out here than when I was in bed.


All of us were up pretty early today, and spent some time exploring the rocky terraces surrounding the Underground Creek. We have all been here before, but until this morning I hadn't really taken a good look around. It's a great spot.

Underground Creek before it goes 'underground'

Breakfast was a frigid affair which involved venting a bit of gas to reduce my pack weight. As a bonus, the venting gas supported a flame that heated food for us to eat.


Today was a very short day as we returned to the car via a service trail that runs between Mount Norman and Twin Peaks. Along the way we stopped to soak in some final views of Mount Norman from an open rocky slab that forms part of the track.

Team Munro at Girraween National Park

Dad was a bit tired by the time we got back to the car, so Kermit took care of us on the long drive home.



No comments:

Post a Comment